Monday, 13 April 2026

A day walking in Felixstowe 11 April 2026

 Having left Felixstowe in 1994 I decided that I would have an extra day while attending the Martlesham Microwave round table on the Sunday walking the area on Saturday

I  parked at the SeaVu hotel and was stunned at the hundreds of people moving swiftly up the Promonade. Investigation revealed it was the Felixstowe Park run!

I set off Northbound past the Pier and the Theatre which was pleasant with the wind behind me walking all the way to Bawdsey Ferry


Bawdsey Ferry



The Ferry!






I then decided to walk south to the other local ferry, which crosses the Deben to Harwich at Landguard point 2.5 hours 7 miles


While at Landguard point I got to see a container ship get brought in








No comments:

Post a Comment

Naunton and the Slaughters 18 Aug 2026

 Started in the centre of Naunton, visiting the ancient Dovecote.  We then followed the River Windrush and the derelict railway line to Bour...