Thursday, 16 July 2026

Worcester Ramblers: Powick Circular 16 July 2026

 I volunteered  to lead this walk, which should have been easy as it was done on May 2 by the Saturday group, It was not to be THAT easy!

I did a reccy on July 10. The steps down the west end of ham hill (part of the 3 choirs way!), which had been challenging on may 2 were impassable due head high brambles and nettles. I devised a diversion via ham lane, but that had the same problem, making it impassable for a group, so I retreated

I returned on July 13 to try another route, bypassing Powick. by going down old malvern road. The first footpath was blocked by a locked gate, but even overcoming that the footpath was non existent. Following the route on the OS map it came to a halt when blocked by an enormously wide/high/deep blackbeery coppice. A retreat was made and the second footpath nothbound tried. This allowed the route the to be completed even though the steep descent of ham hill was challenging


By the time the walk started on 16 July the temperature was more tolerable than the previous 7 days and the walk was completed without incident by 16 walkers despite the overgrown undergrowth in places




No comments:

Post a Comment

Evesham Ramblers :"Isbourne way part 3" 19 July 2026

6.6 miles. Start 1000 end 1320