Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Hidcote Manor:Avoid at the start of School Holidays! 27 July 2026

The initial plan was to visit NT Hidcote Manor to tour the gardens. I didnt think it would be busy on a monday. Wrong, it is the school holidays! Seeing how full the car park was I decided it was time for a walk (or two)

I rembered that the Lark Stoke TV masts (the highest point in Warwickshire) was up the track so I went there, The view included Sugarloaf near Abergavenny, Titterstone clee and the Malverns

The view towards South Wales#

The Malverns

While up there I went to visit the masts at Nebworth, which had a good view towards Oxford





I then went back to the car park. Still busy so i planned walk 2, a loop to Upper Quinton, North of Hidcote


Walk 2


8.3 miles 2.5 hours. Navigating through Quinton was a challenge due to house building near footpaths.
The hardest bit was climbing up the hill from Mickleton to Hidcote!

The view back down the slope towards the Malverns




No comments:

Post a Comment

Worcester Ramblers: Martley 30 July 2026

The surprise on this walk was getting soaked in a 20 minute rain shower!