Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Hidcote Manor:Avoid at the start of School Holidays! 27 July 2026

The initial plan was to visit NT Hidcote Manor to tour the gardens. I didnt think it would be busy on a monday. Wrong, it is the school holidays! Seeing how full the car park was I decided it was time for a walk (or two)

I rembered that the Lark Stoke TV masts (the highest point in Warwickshire) was up the track so I went there, The view included Sugarloaf near Abergavenny, Titterstone clee and the Malverns

The view towards South Wales#

The Malverns

While up there I went to visit the masts at Nebworth, which had a good view towards Oxford





I then went back to the car park. Still busy so i planned walk 2, a loop to Upper Quinton, North of Hidcote


Walk 2


8.3 miles 2.5 hours. Navigating through Quinton was a challenge due to house building near footpaths.
The hardest bit was climbing up the hill from Mickleton to Hidcote!

The view back down the slope towards the Malverns




No comments:

Post a Comment

Naunton and the Slaughters 18 Aug 2026

 Started in the centre of Naunton, visiting the ancient Dovecote.  We then followed the River Windrush and the derelict railway line to Bour...